It is amazing how many people aren’t informed or avoid approaching their health by realizing in advance that stopping something bad from happening is far better than trying to fix what’s broken later on. It is easier to stop the onset of a medical problem before it happens simply because cure involves healing the actual problem when it could have been avoided to begin with.
Simply talking with your provider at least on an annual basis well visit can help avoid so many potential problems.
For instance, getting your yearly checkups can entail the following:
- Screens for cancers as per USPSTF guidelines, evidence-based medicine and updates
- Supplementation with vitamins in stopping the development of a chronic medical problems
- Facing behavioral health problems leading to suicide
- Smoking cessation treatment options
- Lifestyle changes such as exercise
- Nutrition counseling on medical problems that may or may not lead to complications long term
- Other services
Preventative healthcare visits can promote healthy lives. Book an appointment at least once a year for your check-up.